How is EtherDelta different from other trading platforms.

oliverchloe
2022-10-26 05:11:57
    Other trading platforms are centralized. They have gigantic centralized wallets where they hold all your funds. So your funds can (and probably will, as history shows with MtGox, Bitfinex, Cryptsy, etc.) get stolen or lost.
    But EtherDelta is different. EtherDelta is decentralized. When you “deposit” to EtherDelta, you’re sending funds to a smart contract. They’re stored in that smart contract in such a way that you and only you control those funds (and whether you want to trade or withdraw).
    This actually explains most of the subtle user experience differences that people complain about. Generally, when you find yourself saying “other trading platforms have better user experience, EtherDelta is the worst!,” there’s a reason for that. And the reason involves design decisions EtherDelta was forced to make in order to be decentralized. But the benefit is huge. You don’t have to trust anyone with your funds when you use this trading platform.
AndreasMAntonopoulos
2022-10-26 05:12:34
Yeh I can see it being easier after you've experienced it the first time. Trying to use it when the eth network of backed up and requires 40+ gas is annoying though! I don't like the way it can take half an hour and cost you $1 just to modify a buy/sell order. I'm still waiting on P2P markets, until then, give me a centralized exchange anyday...