IDEX KYC Details

oliverchloe
2022-10-21 12:23:20
IDEX already announced before that they will be requiring KYC verification of their user. Yesterday, they already laid out the details in a blog https://medium.com/idex/idex-kyc-transition-period-and-updated-asset-availability-for-us-markets-set-to-begin-d45e945f842d

Tier 1 Verification — After creating an account with a valid email address, you will be asked to provide your name, date of birth and country. Once the information is submitted, verification is instant, and you will be approved for unlimited trades and withdrawals of up to $5,000 USD per day.

Tier 2 Verification — For users who want to withdraw more than $5,000 USD per day, you will be asked to provide your address, a passport (or other approved ID), and a selfie. Once the information is submitted, verification can take as little as 30 seconds, and then you will be approved for unlimited trades and unlimited withdrawals.

I think it is safe to say many people will no longer be using IDEX with these changes.
AndreasMAntonopoulos
2022-10-21 12:23:45

I’ve left from that exchange already two months ago, when first time heard about KYC addition. There was two more reasons:
1. Small trading volumes. I have on *Forkdelta* bigger volumes.
2. KYC. For decentralized exchange this is not needed.