Should Bitcoin be an investment or store of value?

tylerwinklevoss
2022-10-21 10:17:57

"On a risk-adjusted basis, BTC is an easier bet today than it has ever been," Novogratz said in an Oct. 27 tweet. "It’s being de-risked daily."

"Adjusted by its volatility, Bitcoin has presented the best return in one or two years against all other asset classes," Cointelegraph markets contributor Marcel Pechman said when asked to weigh in on Novogratz tweet. "Few investors expect gold to rally 60%, but it never went below -8% so the Sharpe index adjusts returns based on volatility.”

"I don't think Bitcoin is going to be used as a transactional currency any time in the next five years," Novogratz said in an interview with Bloomberg TV, posted on Oct. 23. "Bitcoin is being used as a store of value," he added. "People are worried that the central banks around the world are debasing fiat currencies."

What do you think about the idea that Bitcoin would be more suitable for the role of a low-risk investment or a store of value for the owner? Is this contrary to Satoshi Nakamoto's expectations of Bitcoin? And can Bitcoin trust its mission to be transferred to altcoins?

elandicaprio
2022-10-21 10:20:27

As for me, it is both an investment and store of value. Now, which side is getting prominence can be dependent on each individual and his view of mind. Bitcoin can be a good investment and can be a store of value, notwithstanding its volatility. Well, in my opinion, the reason why people keep on talking these two important features of bitcoin is because maybe we wanted to be sure that Bitcoin really lives up to whatever we wanted it to be. With the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto, we have to remember that there is nothing in this world that will really stick strictly to the way it should be because once a certain entity or a thing is tested in the real world that can be where idealism meets realities.