The Coming of Green Bitcoin?

tylerwinklevoss
2022-10-21 08:59:32

Lately, the question of the power requirement to run Bitcoin mining has been in focus. And so we now hear the demand for green Bitcoin referring to the Bitcoin mined using cleaner, renewable sources of electricity coming like solar, wind, water and maybe we can also include geothermal. And because of this concern and demand, there is a big possibility that some miners can be shifting their sources of power from coal to solar, though it may not be easy to do for some miners especially those in China.

Is there  a possibility that with this scenario, mining in China can be disrupted and its share of the total market can be slashed? Or will this issue just be forgotten weeks from now?

elandicaprio
2022-10-21 09:02:06

I don't understand why using the solar system for power generation would be a problem when we know that all the solar equipment we use in most parts of the world are been imported from China. I have worked with an organization that develops mini solar power grid in my country and one of the staffs told me that even if they got the original design from the USA, all subsequent product is from china so I know they have the capacity to build the solar power equipment or is it that they don't have enough solar energy to power the equipments? this souldnt be a problem for them as far as i am concern.